Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Adoption Day!








Today was a very important day in the life of Josiane Francois, an abandoned child from Port au Prince, Haiti. Today Josie now has a daddy, a mommy, two sisters, and a brother. She has a forever home, a forever family, and she now has a place to belong. While she has been living with this family for 2.5 years, it is now official and legal! No more adoption paperwork, renewing of medical visas, homestudies, fingerprinting, and most of all, no more worry of Josie having to return to Haiti! God is good!
As I breathe a huge sigh of relief that this part of the journey is over, I can't help but wonder what is next. What does God have in store for Josie and the rest of our family? I have grown so much through this process and have learned much about myself and my Creator. We are so happy for Josie and we feel our family is getting her one step closer to meeting her Heavenly Father - the very One who created her. It is a great honor and privlidge that I get to be Josie's mommy.
I would like to thank those that have walked with us in this journey from day 1. I remember numerous times spent in prayer in the prayer room at Trinity Church. I remember the many words of advise, encouragement, and words of skepitcism. I appreciate those who even spoke out against us adopting Josie. You had the courage to show us you cared and wanted what was best for us. Thank you. After Josie came into our home, I remember the meals that were dropped off, the gift shower, the opportunity for me to share our story in church. Thank you.
Some of you have just begun to walk with us in this journey. Your emails, encouragement, respite care, and meals have been greatly appreciated. Thank you.
I heard a couple of times today that Josie is lucky to have a family. Perhaps there is some truth in that statement, however, I feel I am the "lucky" (blessed) one to have Josie in MY family. She brings out the best in me. She reminds me of how fortunate I am. She reminds me of the love God has for all his children, including me. We chose Josie to part of our family. God has chosen me to be part of his family.
My friends, this journey is not over. It has only just begun. There is one less orphan today, praise be to God!

5 comments:

  1. Crying tears of joy right now for you Shelly! Congrats on being Josie's legally official mom . . . although you've been her mom - in the sense of what it really means to be a mom - for much much much longer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVING THIS!!! SO wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you really think through Josie's story and how things could have so easily turned out differently you see what a miracle this all is. Praise God! hey... you all are lookin' good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pictures make me tear up- your words make me bawl like a baby. Praise God that He has proved Himself faithful once again. His grace is amazing! Cannot wait to hear more of the blessings you continue to receive from you beautiful daughter and how your family blesses her. God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How great is our God? Thanking Him with you. Always a blessing to read good news like this!

    ReplyDelete