Thursday, June 3, 2010

Stressing Out

There is a phrase that rarely comes out of my mouth. It goes something like this..."I am really stressing out." I am pretty laid back and low key. I just pretty much go with the flow. I don't worry about much. However, I am really stressing out about something I have to do on Saturday. Intrigued? I thought so. Let be back up a bit.

The last six months have been, well, a little stressful. (I said it again...) My husband took a new job, we have moved, we haven't sold our previous house, the kids have started in new schools, our everyday lives have been turned upside down. I will admit that I am an emotional eater or I often reward myself with food. Emotions have run high and low the past few months and lets just say I have put on a few pounds. That doesn't bother me so much, but I know that if I don't make some lifestyle changes things could get pretty bad quickly.

So, here comes why I am so stressed out about Saturday. My husband and I are doing a 10 week boot camp called Farrells Extreme Bodyshaping. It is six days a week for 45-50 minutes. That sounds bad enough, right? When signing up my husband came home with this paper. On this paper it said that all participants must attend orientation on June 5 from 11:30 am - 2:30 pm. Not so bad. Here comes the bad part. This is what the paper said - my comments in red.

1. Be prepared to do physical activity and run 1 mile. I can understand the physical activity part, but RUN 1 mile? I haven't done that, well, since high school. And even then it was painful. This is orientation. I don't run on purpose. Just ask Kara and Lori. They tried to get me to run. I would much rather sing or play or speak in front of large groups of people, but not run. If the running part isn't bad enough, read the next line.

2. Make sure you where proper clothing for your before picture. Be assured this will be done privately and away from other participants. Women should wear a two piece swimsuit or a sports bra and bike shorts. We must be able to see the bottom of your thigh, 2" min. and your belly button. Just as I was in shock about the running part, I read this. Huh? NOBODY has seen my bellybutton for at least 10 years. Bike shorts? I feel sorry for the person taking the picture. It won't be pretty. This is another fear, getting my picture taken. I don't like to get my picture taken even when I am fully clothed. Just thinking about this raises my blood pressure.

Some of you are saying just suck it up. I hear you. I will go and do it, no matter how anxious I am about it. However, some of you who are reading this are nodding your head in agreement with me. You know exactly where I am coming from. This post is for you.

I assure you I will not be posting any pictures of this event. I am pretty sure there will be a blog post or two about this in the coming week. I will keep you "posted."

1 comment:

  1. I want to crawl into the fetal position and suck my thumb for you right now. God speed, Shelly!

    ReplyDelete