Friday, June 18, 2010

Home Alone

I am home alone. Josie is at group respite, the other three are at their grandma's house for the day, and my husband is golfing. I don't quite know what to do with myself. I am having the internal debate of whether I should clean house and get groceries OR go and do something fun just for myself. I could get so much done in the house without the kids here, but, on the other hand, I could also get a lunch that doesn't come with a toy in the box. Perhaps I will land somewhere in the middle and get a few things done in the house, and then go and do something fun for myself. What to do, what to do?

We did meet with our attorney on Monday and things went VERY well. Josie's official adoption day will be Wednesday, June 30, at 8:30 am! Jon and I both testify in court and Josie's last name will become Nelson! We will walk out with the necessary documents to prove it. No more renewing of paperwork, fingerprints, homestudies, medical visas, temporary protected status, etc. She will become ours! We still have to go through the process of getting a social security number, citizenship, and then Title XIX. But, getting the adoption finalized is HUGE and we are feeling very blessed to have this step almost done!

I feel strong and confident in our decision to adopt Josie. The Evil One has been at work. It has been a hard fight with many roadblocks. Many roadblocks that seemed impossible to knock down. The kind of roadblocks that would have been impossible if God didn't show up. God has not only showed up, he has prevailed! And will do it again, and again, and again! The words to a Chris Tomlin song go something like this..."and if our God is for us, then who could ever stop us, and if our God is with us, then what could stand against" I want to have this song blaring in the court room, but I don't think they will let me. Instead I will be singing it in my head as I take the stand. I am confident that God will show up in the Polk County Courthouse on June 30, and His glory will be made known!

We love you Miss Josie! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment