Thursday, June 24, 2010

10 Random Things...

I really have nothing to say today so I am just going to post ten random things. Most of them will be about me, but some may be totally random. Hopefully you will learn something new about me.



1. I will NOT eat mayonaise or most salad dressings. Just the smell of mayo makes my stomach turn.



2. I have never been out of the country. Sad, but true. :(



3. I like the sun, heat, and humidity. I really like getting into cars that have been outside in the heat and humidity. I like to sit in them for awhile....then turn the air on!



4. I don't like cell phones. I have never sent a text. I don't know how to get my voice mail messages on my cell phone. (can't remember the password) And, if I had it my way, I would not have a cell phone. And I don't think anyone else should have one either. This was kind of confirmed to me when I saw a grown man sitting with his family texting during church. Not just one little text, but pretty much the whole service. I get kind of annoyed, too, when I see moms at the park or pool with their kids and the only thing she does is text on her phone instead of talking to or playing with her kids. I guess I did have something to say. I know, I know, one of these days I will be forced to send a text.....that will be a sad day.



5. I am trying to make healthier choices when it comes to food. I have my good days and I have my bad days. I just can't turn down a fruit roll up.



6. My mom was a Tulip Queen and made an appearance on the Tonight Show with Steve Allen. I was not a Tulip Queen and I was told when we moved from Orange City that none of my daughters will have the chance to be Tulip Queen either. They can always hope for Pork Queen or something. State Fair Queen? :)



7. I used to waterski all the time. I tried to waterski on Memorial Day after an 8 year break. I couldn't get up. Devastating. This is what prompted #5.



8. I don't know what I want to be when I grow up. I went to school to be a teacher.
Any suggestions?

9. I learned today that my second oldest daughter likes and can even see the color yellow. I painted the bottom of our island yellow and I couldn't keep her away from it. She got a little messy, but it made me laugh. It was kind of like when bugs swarm toward light. I put her in a chair that she can't get out of and she got really, really, mad.

10. Funerals always get to me. I always leave a funeral wondering what will be written about my life in that little pamphlet thing.

I told you it would be random. There are more that are popping into my head as I type. There might be a part 2, but don't hold your breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment