Tuesday, April 20, 2010

An Unexpected Not Ordinary Day

Have you ever had one of those days that you thought would be quite ordinary and it turned out to be just the opposite? Yesterday was one of those days for me. It started off quite normal. In fact it was pretty boring until 3:30 in the afternoon. That is when I got a phone call. The caller ID said "KCCI Newsroom!" I answered and they said they would like to come out and do a story on Josie and her adoption. I said that would be great and asked when they wanted to come. I thought in a few days - wrong - they said they would like to come within the hour. What? With cameras? Yikes! I said okay and called Jon to get his rear in gear and get home. I threw laundry in the closet and frantically picked up all the toys and threw them downstairs. I looked in the mirror and haphazardly put on make up and did my hair! And then I needed to find something to wear? All while doing this I was thinking about what I would say and what questions they might ask. I had no time to prepare or gather my thoughts! At least I could't get nervous about it. They came around 4:00 (the were definately there within the hour) just as my kids were getting home from school. I had no time to "prep" them and thank goodness for the editing process because my kids were at their finest! :) Anway, below is the story they did and I think it turned out pretty well!

http://www.kcci.com/video/23204923

No comments:

Post a Comment